3-1-1 is a Citywide Toll-Free Number to Information & Non-Emergency Services
3-1-1 is an easy to remember, citywide toll-free number that provides immediate access to information and more than 1,500 non-emergency city services. Calls are answered from 7 am to 10 pm everyday by 3-1-1 agents who are trained to provide information or refer calls for service to the correct City agency the first time. In order to provide world class customer service, 3-1-1 service is available:
- In English
- In Spanish
- To the hearing or speech impaired
- In more than 150 other languages through the use of language translation services
How Do I Access 3-1-1 Services?
Accurate information for service requests
3-1-1 agents process customer inquiries using the Citywide Services Directory (CSD) which provides accurate information for service requests such as:
- City Services: Garbage Collection, Non-Emergency Police & Fire, Business Permits, Street Maintenance, etc.
- City of Los Angeles Office Locations
- City Phone Numbers
- Public Meeting Schedules e.g. Council, Committees, Neighborhood Council Meetings, etc.
- Citywide Events
- General Information for the City of Los Angeles
Dial 3-1-1 One Call to City Hall
From within the City limits: Dial 3-1-1 from any wired telephone line or by Cingular wireless to connect with the 3-1-1 call center.
Calls from the greater Los Angeles area: Toll free (866) 4-LA-CITY
Calls from outside the greater Los Angeles area: (213) 473-3231